Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Chihuahua on the Scene

Well after being the princess of the house for five years, something happened today to rock my world: my mistress acquired another Chihuahua.

It all happened on our daily walk around the block. The weather was nice so we took a longer route past a house that’s been on sale for a while. Turns out new owners had just arrived with two tiny Chihuahua puppies. And the next thing you knew they were offering them to Mary.

Well at least she had the good sense to take only one of the two, over my master’s strong objections. But wouldn’t you know it, as soon as we got back to the house the little minx began courting Lewis, draping her tiny self all over him. By the end of the evening, he was smitten.

But it’s not all bad. First, I’m still being treated in the royal manner I’m accustomed to (even though she's pedigreed). Second, now there’s someone half my size to lord it over. And third, it is kind of an entertainer being around a young ‘un. So far so good...

1 comment:

  1. Trixie, about yet unnamed, my sympathy!

    Good news that the new fireplace works-

    ReplyDelete