Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Good Eats, Good Prognostication

I must say I loved every minute of the holidays. That’s because I had the best table scraps ever. On both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there was the obligatory turkey. Then, on New Year’s Eve, my master and mistress went up to their Hill Country place, Los Piquines, to celebrate with champagne and a fancy four-course meal at Mac and Ernie’s Roadside Cafe with son Maverick and another couple.

I had to stay back at the house while they feasted, but when they came back I got some luscious leftover filet mignon with lobster béarnaise sauce, thanks to my good buddy Ann McMullan. The next morning, everyone had an extended walk up both creeks and through the fields. It was a cold, clear day—glorious both for man and beast.

It was a propitious beginning for the new year and my intuition tells me 2011 is going to be a great one. As my vet likes to say, “Trixie’s Momma didn’t raise a dumb dog.” That being the case, I hope everyone--both men, women and beasts--will take my positive prognostication to heart and make it a Happy, Happy New Year.

Next week the Wednesday Walkie Talkies will resume their weekly walks and I'm sure I'll have more news to relate. Until then be happy.


1 comment: