Friday, October 16, 2009

Sadie, my Amazing Canine Cousin

I usually only scribble on the day the Wednesday Walkie Talkies do their thing. But some breaking doggie news has just arrived from Mary’s first cousin, owner of Champion Roundtown Mercedes of Maryscot.

Now that’s an awfully long name for a rather small dog. But this isn’t just ANY dog. Sadie, as she is also known, just swept the prestigious Montgomery County Kennel Club show in Maryland. “It’s the one you want to win,” notes her mistress, Amelia. “People come from all over the world. It’s the big one for terriers.”

The four-year-old Scottie is not only the nation’s number one terrier. With more than 80,000 points accumulated at competitions around the U.S., she is also the number one dog in the country. Sadly, I didn’t get to meet her when she competed (and won) in San Antonio this summer. But my mistress Mary raved on and on about her after seeing her here. (OK I’m a mutt but tell my why I couldn’t have gone to the show, too? After all I AM a princess).

I had to hear all about her glossy coat (so what?--they brush it all the time), her amazing eyebrows (enhanced with Mexican moustache wax—big deal), her poise (as a princess I’m all about regal bearing too). Really it was too much. But I have to admit, this is pretty amazing. So I think I’m just going to claim this canine cousin and hope she takes the Garden (as in Madison Square). Last year she competed there in the Westminster dog show, where she was in the finals as top terrier. This year she could ace it. Viva Sadie!!!

1 comment:

  1. Is Sadie going to be in the Madison Square Garden competition again this year? If so, let us know when so we can watch her on TV. Hope she doesn't embarrass herself again. Did your mistress tell you about it?

    ReplyDelete