Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Forgotten but Forgiving


Well it had to happen. Remember when I told you my mistress almost forgot to take me one week? Well this time she REALLY forgot. My master, Lewis, noticed that I was especially agitated about Mary’s departure. Well duh. Don’t humans understand that dogs know everything they know and then some?

Anyway while I whiled the time away in my nice soft bed, Mary traipsed around with two WWT buddies in the sticky humidity, discussing things ranging from how to recolor an oriental rug on the cheap (use ripe prickly pear cactus fruit called tunas) to whom they knew in the obituaries today.

Though I don’t regret the conversation, I’m sorry not to have seen the latest seasonal decoration at Bumper’s house. That’s the doggie I memorialized awhile back whose mistress dresses up a pair of dog statues in front of the house from time to time. For Halloween they are duded up as an alien and a witch. Scaaa-ry.

As they walked through Olmos Park Terrace, a neighborhood literally across the railroad tracks from Olmos Park, the ladies took note of the number of sustainable landscapes. My mistress--who is planning a low-water-tolerant yard once the porch is finished. (Will it ever be?)--gleaned several ideas.

When she got back Mary immediately took me on a walk. She also gave me part of a hot dog she’d bought at Costco as a peace offering. Since hot dogs are my thing I immediately forgave her. BUT SHE HAD BETTER NOT FORGET ME EVER AGAIN. Dog’s honor.


1 comment:

  1. Trixie, good to see that your mistress confessed as honesty is so important to a durable relationship. It is no surprise that you were able to forgive her!

    WWTs are very interested in your Halloween costume and plans. Ann of the WWTs

    ReplyDelete