Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trixie's in Tall Cotton

How many dogs get hugs from a member of Fiesta royalty and two TV personalities in the space of three days? The answer to this rhetorical question is... ta dah... moi. Yes, as the Duchess of the Indestructible Chew Toy in the Humane Society’s El Rey Fido Court I’ve been consorting with some of San Antonio’s prettiest celebrities.

It started with a trip across town to the Fox News TV Station on Thursday in a blinding rain. I met up with my fellow royals there and we were filmed with reporter Mileka Lincoln for future broadcast. After it was over she gave me a hug and I gave her a kiss. (The trick to kissing humans, by the way, is to do it quickly so they don’t have a chance to say no. A man should never ask a lady for a kiss beforehand and neither should a dog.)

This morning, we crossed town again in the rain to KENS 5 TV for their morning show. By this time I was used to the klieg lights and huge moving cameras. Guests were there to promote Fiesta events ranging from A Night In San Antonio to the St. Mary’s Oyster Bake. Of course the Humane Society’s Royal Court fit right in, with our colorful robes. Did I forget to mention that we wear our robes to all media events?

This time I got to be cuddled by two lovely ladies: Miss Fiesta, Virginia Eliott (who, like me, was there to be on the show) and the TV hostess, Stacia Willson. I was truly in tall cotton.

But my biggest ego stroke has come via email after Kay Smith, a friend of Mary’s who lives in Austin, saw a photo of me in my royal robe. Kay wrote, “She’s really a hottie.” Now THAT’S what a girl likes to hear, even if she's already a duchess.

No comments:

Post a Comment