Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brisk walk followed by Ego Boosts

This morning four WWTs walked too briskly for my taste. They power walked up and down hills in Olmos Park for an hour. Judging from the decorations we passed, people are gearing up for Fiesta there.

One gate was festooned with bright colored fabrics and flowers. Meanwhile WWT Susan Gragg--who will become mayor next month since she is unopposed--dressed up the pug statues that flank her front entrance in serapes with Fiesta medals. She changes their outfits seasonally, but these are my favorites so far.

On the way home my mistress and I stopped by the house of another WWT, Mary Ann Franzke, to drop of one of my master’s books for a charity auction she is involved with. Her husband Chuck, a biz whiz who retired as head of the entire southern region of Dillard’s Department Stores, came out to greet me. He even picked me up, which made me feel soooo important.

The ego boost continued today when Mary took me out to a photography studio just for dogs, where I sat for an official court portrait in my royal Duchess of the Indestructible Chew Toy grrrobe. Photographer Renee Spade set me up on a white footstool and gave me organic doggy treats so I wouldn’t jump down.

She spent all kinds of time taking photos of me in different poses and even took a few of me with my mistress. The best photo will be framed and displayed with the rest of this year’s doggy court at the Humane Society headquarters.

Tomorrow I am going for a media appearance at Fox TV. I’ll go on TV again on Saturday and several times next week. It’s taking a lot of my time, but that’s part of the life of a VIP, no? All I can say is be careful what you ask for.

No comments:

Post a Comment