Monday, April 5, 2010

All Hail the Duchess!!!

All hail the duchess of the Indestructible Chew Toy!! That’s me, since I came in third in the Humane Society of San Antonio’s El Rey Fido fundraiser.

Thanks to my supporters—who number more than 100, I raised more than $5,000. The other two top contenders had four-digit infusions in the last week, taking them to more than $7,000. But hey, I get to wear a royal robe just like they do. And besides, I like my catchy title.

Last Friday, my mistress took me to the Humane Society for a fitting. The Mistress of the Royal Grrrobes measured my girth and body length and Mary let her granddaughter, Christina, choose the color: bright pink. Well, I just can’t wait to see if that color works with my lovely amber brown coat.

I’ll be wearing the outfit this Saturday, April 10, at the coronation. It will be at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in downtown San Antonio at 1:00 p.m. and is open to the public--and their dogs. Members of the canine court will arrive on a river barge. Well, I just can’t wait to take part in the pageantry.

Those who miss the coronation will have another chance to see us in our finery at the Pooch Parade. It will be on Saturday morning, April 24 at 8:00 a.m. It starts at the Alamo Heights Swimming Pool and passes through Alamo Heights. Well, I just can’t wait to strut my stuff on the streets.

Before I sign off, I want to thank the person who suggested I run for El Rey Fido: Anita Flores. Well, I just can’t wait to see her at the Coronation so I can thank her in person.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Trixie - I can't wait to see your royal photo. If I am ever lucky enough to move to San Antonio, I wonder if the Duchess might be willing to accompany me to the Humane Society to help me find my own perfect princess? Please send my best regards to the people who serve in court, meaning Mary and Lewis!

    ReplyDelete