Friday, March 12, 2010

The Trix goes on TV

Yesterday I made my television debut as a contestant in the El Rey Fido contest benefitting the Humane Society. Ten dogs came with their mistresses and/or masters to be filmed for a local morning show on KMOL TV. Mary and I went first. She explained why I was running: first that I had a heart for homeless dogs, having been one, and second that I’m a princess wanting to be a queen. So true!

My master, who was home, told Mary that I really looked good on TV and that my collar (a new red one with silver conchos) reflected beautifully in the sun. Unfortunately the sundress didn’t show since they filmed me head on, but I’m sure there will be other dress-up occasions. Mistress Mary was never able to find a hat that worked. The only dog that had one (a straw number matching her Fiesta-theme outfit) wore it on her neck. It seems that dog’s heads don’t lend themselves to hats like people’s do. Lesson learned.

The bottom line here is please vote for me by donating to the Humane Society of San Antonio. It's a win-win! To do so, go to www.firstgiving.com/maryfisher1.

No comments:

Post a Comment