Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Trixie: What a Woman!

After a one-week hiatus The WWTs resumed walking (and talking) this week. It was a gorgeous spring morning and the air was redolent with blooming mountain laurel.

Four members hoofed it to Olmos Basin Park and back to Olmos Park. (Did I mention that WWT member Susan Gragg is now running unopposed for mayor of O.P.? Hooray!) I like to walk in Olmos Park since they have a well-enforced stray dog ordinance. (Did I mention that last week my Mistress took a petition to the Terrell Hills City Council and got a favorable response? Hope they follow through.)

But what I really want to talk about today is what people have been saying about me as they have donated to my El Rey Fido campaign. Here are some of the comments:

“You would look great in a tiara”

“You deserve to be top dog, Trix”

“Wow—You Da Dog, Girl!”

“Good looking and above average”

“Trixie rocks”

“What a woman!”

Two of my favorites came from my vet and from a neighbor. Dr. Kothmann said, “Trixie is a great patient and will make a great queen.” A neighbor who was a Fiesta King the year before last said, “King Anchovie XLI wishes you the best in your quest for royalty!!”

Help me get there with your donation to the Humane Society at www.firstgiving.com/maryfisher1. I know you all are tired of me begging every week but guess what? There are only two more weeks until the contest ends, on March 31. So please let your friends and neighbors know “what a woman” I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment