Wednesday, February 16, 2011

On the Road Again

From last Wednesday to this, the weather went full throttle from frigid to balmy. So today, after weeks of wimpiness on the part of the walkers, I got to hit the streets of Olmos Park with six WWTs. Little Chica came, too, and because my mistress had her hands full with the pup, Ann McMullan walked me. Now Mary doesn’t put up with unplanned stops, but I played Ann, making her think the stops I made were necessary. (Sure hope she walks me again next week.)

Up to now I have been the object of everyone’s attention, but today I had to endure the ladies’ ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the little one. Even I have to admit she is a cutie, though. And I must say I admired her moxie in befriending Pat Semmes’ doggie, J.D., who is more than 10 times her size.

Over the weekend we took Chica to the country for the first time and she did rather well. The only time I heard her whimper was when she got a sticker in her foot. She didn’t seem to mind stepping into the water when we traversed the creek, which impressed me as I avoided that for years. And she managed to keep up with both me and Chigurgh, a lab whose head alone is several times larger than Chica.

News flash: Today they selected a Scottish deerhound as best in show at the prestigious Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in Madison Square Garden. This time last year, my dog cousin, Sadie (whose owner is my mistress’ first cousin) won. Now Sadie is expecting. Sonograms show that she is carrying four puppies. What a difference a year makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment