Friday, August 20, 2010

See me Strut

I’ve walked with the ladies for the past two Wednesdays. Even though we started early it got plenty hot. I’m sooooo tired of this beastly August heat. To make it worse, my mistress’s son, Maverick, has dropped off his Lab, Chigurh (named for the asassain in “No Country for Old Men”), along with his part-rotweiler friend, Townes (named for singer Townes Van Zandt), for the week.

I had hoped the big dogs would hang out in the back yard and leave me alone. But they don’t like the heat any more than I do. So I’ve had to protect my turf in the house inch by inch. The only thing I really like about the situation is that when we take a walk, I don’t feel nervous about being attacked by larger dogs. I still shiver when I think about the close call I had with a big stray that tried to kill me in front of our house.

My favorite WWT is Ann McMullan, who I always greet enthusiastically. They say we admire those who admire us. Well, Ann is the one who loves the way I lift my entire back end whenever I’m leaving my scent. And she’s the one who is amazed to see how I can keep up with everyone for an hour on my short legs. (All I can say to that is that they may be short, but I’ve got twice as many.)

Now I’ve got another favorite: Mary Ann Franzke. Last week after we walked for nearly an hour in Olmos Park, Mary and I went to her house to see a video on Chataqua, where she and her husband spent a week this summer. I was on my Ps and Qs there, and I guess it paid off as this Wednesday she brought me four adorable seasonal outfits, handed down from a dog she used to have. Now I’m ready for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter (if I’m willing to wear a silly pair of rabbit ears) and the Fourth of July. See me strut!

1 comment:

  1. Trixie, fabulous!!! Finally, everyone can see a photo of your most amazing feat! I am certain that there are few who are able to achieve what you have mastered.

    Thanks for the kind words, can't wait to see you in the seasonal outfits.

    ReplyDelete