Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No Hyenas There

Today my mistress let me down: she didn’t take me on the weekly WWT outing. Of course she had an excuse. Well two, really.

First, the Wednesday Walkie Talkies were going to explore a neighborhood where Mary’s five-year-old granddaughter had spotted what she referred to as a hyena last week. She saw what surely must have been a spotted street dog in the parking lot of the little Mexican restaurant—Villasol-- where she had just eaten.

Thus Mary was afraid that when the WWTs walked the neighborhood adjoining Villasol, there might be stray canines who would consider me breakfast. Furthermore she figured dogs wouldn’t be welcome in the restaurant, where the WWTs planned to have their breakfast after the walk.

After my mistress got home I overheard her tell my master she saw several stray dogs wandering the streets, though none with spots. While I probably would have come out unscathed from the walk, I certainly would have been canis non grata at Villasol.

So I’m going to forgive Mary for leaving me behind, providing she takes me out for a walk this afternoon Now that (thanks to yesterday's rain) we've had a reprieve from the beastly heat, she has no excuse not to make it a long one.

No comments:

Post a Comment