Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sleet, Stray Dogs and Sticking to my Story

I couldn’t believe it when my mistress started putting my sweater on me at the crack of dawn yesterday. It was crazy cold--36 degrees--with a prediction of sleet. Amazingly, six stalwarts turned up for a too-brisk walk in the too-brisk weather too early in the morning. After an hour on the streets I started feeling something hitting me from above-- it was the sleet, so we headed back.

Since one WWT was sick, Mary dropped by her house afterwards with some soup. I like J.D., Pat’s dog, but he is SO possessive. Every time Pat tried to be friendly with me, he would do something passive aggressive, like lick me. Why didn’t he just be honest and growl like I do when Maverick’s dog Chigurh moves in on Mary?

Pat, a member of the Olmos Park City Council, gave Mary some pointers on her dog petition. She suggested that instead of focussing on a leash law (which is very divisive) my mistress should zero in on stray dogs. She has a point. Both times we've had problems it's been strays that either attacked or menaced me.

Later in the day the Wednesday Walkie Talkies voted on their logo online. You’ll remember that they needed one so that they have their own entry in the Toilet Seat Museum. (When they visited the quirky museum on a walk a while ago, its owner said he would decorate a seat in their honor if they would give him a logo.)

A new member, Lyn Belisle, offered to design one. My mistress sent her a line drawing of me at the suggestion of the WWTs. Lyn submitted three suggestions, only one of which had my portrait. Of course the one with my face in the center was by far the best, but not everyone saw that—some did, some didn’t. When I counted the ballots guess what? I won hands down. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment