Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Suitor or not Suited?

I’ve been so busy kvetching about all things agarita that I’ve failed to keep you up on the WWTs. So here goes…

Last Wednesday only three ladies turned up for the walkabout in Olmos Park. Today was a different story. Seven ladies came a’walking, including the newly sworn-in mayor of Olmos Park, Susan Gragg. As usual she walked with ski poles and set a brisk pace.

Partway through the walk, however, she was stopped cold along with the others. Of all things, I had attracted an admirer. A little black and white terrier type darted out from his yard to check me out, front and back. We did some mutual sniffing before I moved on with the ladies. Then he suddenly reappeared at the top of the hill, wanting more.

Lyn Belisle, who took a photo of him giving me the once over near a lamppost, said I’d made a “huge impression” on him. Maybe not, though. For just as suddenly as he reappeared, he trotted back home. I must admit I’m mystified, but we’ll see what happens the next time we pass his house. Should I put on perfume?

No comments:

Post a Comment